Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Burton Salmon

Today I went to the small North Yorkshire village of Burton Salmon in search of what is typically Yorkshire. The idea is one I first hit on many years ago and - as with so many - I have never followed through on. So now I have some time....What is a typical Yorkshire scene? Who knows. But there is one way in which we can find out. If we interpret "typical" as "random" we can identify a random location somewhere in Yorkshire. That will be as typical as anything is. The rest is just number-crunching. Grid reference numbers, random number generators and maps. The first of my ten typically Yorkshire locations emerged from the number crunching this morning .... and off I went to Burton Salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...