Friday, September 07, 2007

Going Soft On Marsden


I think I must be going soft. Or getting old. Or both. A year ago I would happily sit up half the night putting together the infoBASE Europe bulletins. After a few hours sleep I would head off to a cycle of meetings and conferences. During any spare moments I would mow the lawn whilst reading a history of modern Europe and composing a sonnet or two.

After eleven short months of so-called retirement here I sit at 1.30 am, exhausted after spending a day updating the Marsden Jazz Festival website. It is not a taxing activity - more finicky (does such a word exist) than mentally demanding. I have just finished and I feel like Alexander the Great having reached the Indian sub-continent. And tomorrow, instead of marching against the hordes of Asia Minor, or even mowing the back lawn, I will probably rest all day. Pathetic, isn't it?

Anyway, the least you can do is check out the updated website at marsdenjazzfestival.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...