Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Gone Fishing


For a number of years now I have regularly gathered together all my various blog posts and published them every so often in book form. The main reason for this is to create an archive of my words and images so that when Blogger or Wordpress or Facebook eventually curls up and expires, I still have a physical record of what I have been doing for the last twelve years or so. I suspect that words and pictures printed on good old fashioned paper have a better chance of surviving the post-digital apocalypse than anything else. As images have become more important to me over the years, the physical format of the books has grown accordingly - and the last few have weighed in at a coffee table hugging 10 by 8 inches.

I also like to occasionally annoy relatives and friends by giving them a copy of my latest book at birthdays and Christmas - it represents a gift on a similar level of both style and uselessness to a knitted toilet roll cover. If you have a relative or friend who has annoyed you recently, you may want to gift them a copy of my latest magnum opus - aptly entitled "Fishing In The Pond Of Inconsequence". It is available from Amazon in most countries and good bookshops gone bad. To find it on Amazon simply enter the search term "Alan Burnett Inconsequence" - which quite neatly sums everything up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tunnel End

Photographs don't have to be "good" photographs to be memorable. Sometimes all they need to do is to capture a moment in time,...