Saturday, December 23, 2017

Happy Christmas To Sepians Everywhere


The basis of my Sepia Saturday Christmas Card this year is a picture that must have been taken at some kind of institutional Christmas Party. Searching the faces for someone familiar, I eventually found my mother holding my brother in her arms. That led me to an estimation of the date, which must have been around 1945/46 when Roger was either two and a half or three and a half. I suspect it will have been a works Christmas Party and that would take me to the Bradford commercial printers and packaging engineers, Field Packaging, where my father worked at the time.



3 comments:

  1. Hope you are having restful, delicious, silly and love-filled holidays, Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done a Sepia Saturday post in quite a while, but I hope that holiday wish applies to me, too! Back atcha, Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best wishes to you and yours, Alan, for a new year full of cheer and happiness.

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...