Monday, December 04, 2017

Monkey Matthews In A Tent


This is one of those little family photographs handed down within my family. Luckily, it is one of those rare photographs which has been annotated on the reverse, so I am able to identify the participants in this camping trip. They are, from the left, Billy Duffie; Monkey Matthews; Bunny Smith; and, my father, Albert Burnett. Just where they were camping is not stated, but it will have been somewhere not far from Bradford where they all lived. The date, I would guess, was about 1925.

3 comments:

  1. That's not much tent for four fellows. Maybe it was just an afternoon out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Monkey Matthews?" I'll bet there's a great story behind that nickname.

    I mean, I am assuming that "Monkey" is a nickname!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the photo tells your family history eloquently.

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...