Monday, March 30, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
- 36% of the letters are vowels. Of one million first and last names we looked at, 47.7% have a higher vowel make-up. This means you are averagely envoweled.
- In ASCII binary it is... 01000001 01101100 01100001 01101110 00100000 01000010 01110101 01110010 01101110 01100101 01110100 01110100
- Backwards, it is Nala Ttenrub... nice ring to it, huh?
- In Pig Latin, it is Alanway Urnettbay.
- People with this first name are probably: Male. So, there's a 98% likelihood you sweat just thinking of the price of shaver blades.
Name Origin and Meaning:
Forename: Origin: Celtic Meaning: Handsome
3 Things You Didn't Know:
- Your personal power animal is the Cynomolgus Monkey
- Your 'Numerology' number is 2. If it wasn't bulls**t, it would mean that you are supportive, diplomatic, analytical, and play well with others. A team-player, you seek peace and harmony in a group.
- According to the US Census Bureau°, 0.204% of US residents have the first name 'Alan' and 0.0239% have the surname 'Burnett'. The US has around 300 million residents, so we guesstimate there are 146 Americans who go by the name 'Alan Burnett'.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
So I spent a happy afternoon trying to find out how to set everything for ease of use. Quite tricky to run check tests because in our house the signal is very dubious and comes and goes.....
Now, there's a nice logical problem with Jane's plan... we have to remember to have both phones switched on and in a suitable accessible pocket. And the 2630 is so tiny I can quite see I won't even know where it is unless I carefully tell my personal computer to be aware.... and that's becoming increasingly blocked by all the things I should be trying to remember.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Except that the roof is totally retiled (mostly using the old tiles, cleaned,) and has a felt below it (you can't, of course, see) and that the windows are all brand new and meeting BSS something-or-other meaning they are totally sound-proof and air proof except for the regulatory vent lets air in the rooms for you to have anything to breathe. And were you to look at the original photo, you'd spot that a new window has sprouted over the front door (for the upstairs' flat's bathroom.) (This picture was taken before builder Alan knocked through the hole for the forced ventilation of the downstairs, windowless, bathroom.)
And the front door visible (in fact leads to the stairs to the upstairs flat) is brand new and meets BSS regulation something-or-other else. It also can't be put on the latch but locks up like fort knox if you accidently let it swing-to. Mind you, it locks even more if you twist the key another turn - little bolts fly out top and bottom. (Doesn't mean to say you couldn't get in with a few swings of a sledge-hammer.)
Oh, and the TV aerial is brand new and suited to digital signals. They say. I wouldn't know, we tested with our old analogue TV from the boat - (must say, superb reception!)
The skip at the front is almost empty because some gypsies took away the old window's metal frames (presumably for scrap value) and a very pleasant lady nearish-neighbour demanded to have the old front door that had been in it to refurbish for her own house.
Oh, the gas boxes at the side now actually have meters fitted in them - since this picture was taken. I know, you wouldn't be able to tell either way, just thought you'd like to know. As builder Dave said, there is SO MUCH in building/developing a house you never actually ever see again....
Monday, March 02, 2009
I was attempting to follow the course of the Hebble Brook yesterday as it slunk its way under North Bridge before it gets lost deep beneath ...
Y ou can spend too long sat inside reading old newspapers and cataloguing old postcards. There comes a time in the affairs of man when he s...
It started with a vintage picture postcard of Elland I bought on eBay for 99 pence. Elland is just down the road and I always try to keep a...