Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Elland : Rowing Boats

 


This photo of Elland Bridge, By-Pass and Power Station started life in the early 1980s, but, quite clearly, I've messed about with it since then. They've messed about with the actual scene as well - the Power Station is long gone and some of the mill chimneys have lost their stature. What I can't work out, however, is where I took the original photograph from!


31/1001 : ROWING BOATS
I spotted this collection of rowing boats in Bridlington, more than 40 years ago. What struck me was the names: they all have everyday names of the time - like a roll-call of classic TV characters ... Karen & Keith, June & Ron. And amongst them all, is the Duchess of Montrose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tunnel End

Photographs don't have to be "good" photographs to be memorable. Sometimes all they need to do is to capture a moment in time,...