Monday, November 18, 2013

A Weekend In Sherwood Forest

Just got back from Centre Parc in Sherwood Forest where we have spent a delightful weekend with The Lad and The DTB (daughter-to-be). To those reading this from afar, I should stress that Sherwood Forest does really exist (and yes, it is in Nottinghamshire), and Centre Parc is a kind of holiday village built amongst the trees. You can swim, sail, play endless energetic games and/or eat and drink. Whether you are reading this from near or far, you will be able to easily guess my choice. Here are a few photographic souvenirs.

The Lake and parts of the Village
One of the Villas : a little more up-market than the one we stayed in
Wildlife abounds.

8 comments:

  1. Never had you down as a woodsman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine you in the green tights shouldering a bow 'nd arrow, but I'm sure that is not the option you chose for the weekend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, one of my favorite relaxing places, though it's a long time since I last stayed there. I grew up in Sherwood Forest though not with Robin Hood. (My parents lived nearby.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is just what I'd delight in! Cute bunny too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be looking for the bows and arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember staying at a wonderful farm B&B there a long time ago.
    Had one of my favorite steak dinners at the local pub. They had to open a set of pocket doors to reveal setting for two. That's all they allowed for dining. The rest was for the pub.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never quite been able to summon up the oomph to go to Centre Parcs, because people tell me you have to book in advance and pay quite a lot to do the activities, and I sort of end up deciding I might as well take my own bike, visit the local pool etc. etc. However, the idea of being in a peaceful forest setting appeals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lovely place to spend some time! :)

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...