I took this photograph of Brighouse either in the late 60s or early 70s. It was a time when traditional industries coexisted with newcomers, and life in the lower valley was changing. Brighouse seems to have coped better with that change than many of its neighbours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Electric Houses And Botany Worsted Suits
Two adverts from Halifax newspapers 100 years ago today paint an interesting picture of society in the 1920s. One advert is for new suits,...
-
Y ou can spend too long sat inside reading old newspapers and cataloguing old postcards. There comes a time in the affairs of man when he s...
-
A few weeks ago I was approached by the people running a website devoted to Halifax, my home town in West Yorkshire, to write a short serie...

Amazing details, you can see for miles!
ReplyDeleteProof that the sun does come out in the North? I like the way the shadows on the the road mimic the city's skyline silhouette.
ReplyDelete