Saturday, July 27, 2019

Posing On The Beach On Sepia Saturday


Our Sepia Saturday theme image this week shows three men posing on a beach in California. My submission is one very young man posing on a beach in Yorkshire. The young man in question is my brother, the artist and sculptor, Roger Burnett. The date must have been sometime I'm the mid to late 1940s, and the place was probably Bridlington on the East Coast. The pose is rather familiar, I have a photograph of my brother and myself taken in February this year where he is striking a similar pose some seventy years on. The beaches he walks these days are in the Caribbean rather than East Yorkshire, but a sandy beach on a warm summers' day is a fine location, wherever it is situated.

To see more Sepia Saturday posts go to the Sepia Saturday Blog and follow the links.


6 comments:

  1. Your brother's pose and smile are very cute. My husband and I spent 4 months on a Caribbean island, Nevis, years ago, it was very idyllic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to be at Bridlington or Filey again in the nineteen-fifties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you've learned your best photographic smile, why change? But I'd bet your brother no longer wears socks on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking past me and to the beautiful clinker built boat in the background. Alas, they don't build them like that anymore...and maybe the same could be said of my generation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brother has a great smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photograph reminded me so much of my brother - same stance, same shorts with straps, same sandals - in 1950’s Blackpool.

    ReplyDelete

A Lot Of Gas And Some Empty Chairs

  You can decide which jet of nostalgia is turned on by this advert which I found in my copy of the 1931 Souvenir Book of the Historical Pag...