Friday, August 28, 2026

Up, Down, Bump

 

I've always believed in looking up as we walk through a town or city to admire the architectural wonders that so often surround us. Equally, however, it is worth looking down - especially if, like me, you are a fan of drain covers. I have quite a collection of photographs of them; I took this one in St. John's, on the island of Antigua. Since I spend so much time either looking up or looking down, don't be surprised if I bump into you one day.

1 comment:

  1. There used to be an Instagram account with manhole covers from all over the world. I enjoyed it very much but sadly haven’t seen it for ages.

    ReplyDelete

In The Steps Of Genius

  Old Lane in Halifax was the setting for two of the finest photographs of the twentieth century. The fourth frame on my forty-year-old stri...