Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Symphonica And Deep South


We are off down south for a few days. I will leave you with a couple of recent shots, both of which result from experimenting with my recently acquired "Little Nik". The first was an attempt to see what the camera could do with hand-held night shots. One is tempted to say "not a lot", but I am quite fond of the image. All it needs is a catchy title - "Symphonica 13" - and it may catch on.


The second image was another shot gone wrong. It started as a slightly out of focus shot of some fallen Autumn leaves. I tried to sharpen it up using Photoshop and obviously pressed the wrong button.  For this one, I couldn't even begin to think of a catchy title.

I will leave you to ponder these images whilst I venture into the deep south. 

14 comments:

  1. Photo number two may have gone wrong, but it's almost like a lovely painting of- Autumn's burst of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fall Fractals" - reminds me of fractals, the leaves that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For #2 I suggest "Hommage a Seurat".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bit of camera shake there Alan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love # 2 ! It looks like a chrysanthemum. But even more interesting to me are the multitude of colors that make up the fallen leaves. How about 'Beauty in Death'? I could give you a sermon on what prompted that thought -- but I won't, so breathe easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. The more I look at it the more I like it. Would you be willing to let me make a copy of it ?-- not for profit but maybe for use on my blog, giving you credit of course. I think you can get my email from the past. If not, please leave me a comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No.2 could be a close-up of a butterfly wing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these. A pair of happy accidents. How far south are you travelling?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very artistic. The 2nd shot is actually very good! You're venturing south? - as a stranded southerner, I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful art that you can still take credit for even if accidental on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To those who were asking, the Deep South equals Ewell, a few miles south of London. Tomorrow I will go "up to town" if the weather is half decent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have a grand time! You will need some practice with that newfangled camera:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came here via ChrisJ's post of your wonderful (2nd) shot. I wrote a lengthy comment about it on her blog but will add here that I would proudly display that in my home if I had a wall grand enough to contain it. It's wonderful. Also liked the first photo. Mistakes sometimes work out just the way they should :)

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...