Saturday, February 19, 2022

A Sepia Saturday Contribution

 


Our Sepia Saturday theme image this week features a man with a car by a lake. My contribution to this weekly meme features a woman with a car by a garage. The women in question is my mother, Gladys Burnett, and I must have taken the photograph  somewhere around 1966.

When we started Sepia Saturday all those years ago, the name payed tribute to those old family photographs that have turned sepia with age. What I hadn't realised ate the time was that, given enough time, I would become sepia! Most of my old photographs are new scans from old negatives, and negatives may get scratched and stained, but they don't turn sepia. This photograph of my mother is a rare scan of the original print - and low and behold, it has turned sepia.


AS always, you can see other Sepia Saturday contributions by visiting the Sepia Saturday Blog and following the links.


1 comment:

  1. I am interested on how you have scanned from negatives? I have a number of negatives and would like to find an easy way to convert them to digital prints.

    ReplyDelete

Tunnel End

Photographs don't have to be "good" photographs to be memorable. Sometimes all they need to do is to capture a moment in time,...