Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Two Characters In Search Of A Story



This has to be one of the strangest photographs in my family collection. I have no idea who the couple are, but they undoubtedly fit somewhere on my family tree as I seem to have inherited two, quite different, photographs of the same couple from different sources. The second photograph - which came to me in the form of a glass negative - echoes the somewhat unconventional dress sense and appears to have been taken with a cowshed in the background.


In my quest to find a suitable place within the eccentric confines of the Burnett Family Tree, I am submitting both images to the International Society For The Identification Of Long Lost People - otherwise known as the Internet. I would love to be able to put names to these faces, and, even more, I would love to learn the story of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tunnel End

Photographs don't have to be "good" photographs to be memorable. Sometimes all they need to do is to capture a moment in time,...