Thursday, February 10, 2022

Walking The Streets Of Stoke


To the best of my recollection, it was fifty years ago when I took this photograph. It was the early 1970s, and I was at university at Keele in Staffordshire. Most weekends were spent either in London, where my soon to be wife was at university, or back in Halifax where we both came from. Sundays - and occasionally Monday mornings - would see the train back to Stoke and then the walk from Stoke railway station to Newcastle-Under-Lyme and then the free bus up to the Keele campus. Those walks through Stoke provided plenty of opportunities for photography, and I developed a great affection for the five towns. Come Spring or Summer, come the post-Covid world, I am determined to return to Stoke to walk those streets again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tunnel End

Photographs don't have to be "good" photographs to be memorable. Sometimes all they need to do is to capture a moment in time,...