Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Main Menu


In the list of jobs I need to do in advance of this weekend's Festival, is one I always look forward to doing and that is the Menus. I must stress that I neither plan the menus nor do I cook them - both tasks would turn to disaster in my hands - but I do design and print the menu notices that appear around our main venue, the Marsden Mechanics Hall. It is my one chance to get creative : no committee decides the theme or plans the layout, I can do whatever I want. The pictures used in the posters are from the ones I took at the 2008 Festival. Here are three of the draft 2009 posters (I may still change them). And there are still another five to design.


9 comments:

  1. You're going to be busy, I particularly like the Bass player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can see from the bacon butties and hot beef teacakes, I am not in Ohio anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all good! Perhaps we could get your folk to come & plan menus & cook at next year's Council Mt Music Festival--food looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the designs. Now I am starting to doubt my choice in the Surrealist challenge.
    But no time to change my mind - all this talk of bacon butties has my stomach rumbling...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stomach's rumbling and I don't even eat bacon! Sounds like a fun project, Alan. Perhaps you'll post the final menus for us to see...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a very talented graphic designer. What program do you use for layouts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:29 PM

    The bass player menu, yes. And a spot of chili and a taco sounds good right about now :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am a wee bit hungry now...nice work.

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...