The Rock Tavern, Upper Edge Elland, West Yorkshire
This photograph is from a couple of years ago, I am glad to say that the pub is no longer "For Sale"
If truth be told, not one pint, but several of them (which probably accounts for the state of the writing on the Post-It Note).
THE POST-IT NOTE
Friday 1st October 2010 : The weekly Rock Tavern Pub Quiz. In the cold and sober light of a new day, even I have difficulty in interpreting my scribbled notes, but there are a number of the questions that featured in the quiz in there somewhere. The ones I can interpret include the following?
- Which star of Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music celebrates her 75th birthday today?
- The origins of which sporting animal can be traced back to a Smerle, a Dragoon, and a Horseman?
- How many standard bottles of champagne are the equivalent of a Jeroboam?
- Which two NATO phonetic letters can be combined to give the title of a Shakespeare play?
- In advertising what were made "to make your mouth water"?
- Where is the 2010 Ryder Cup being held?
- Which sculptor was responsible for the Angel of the North statue?
- Which cheese shares its name with a gorge?
- What were the four components of the wartime OSLO diet for children?
- What is the main ingredient of Borscht?
- Who wrote the book "The Road To Wigan Pier"?
- On this day in which year did the first ever Ford Model T go on sale?
- Which lake forms part of the border between Peru and Bolivia?
If anyone wants to have a crack at any of these questions I will publish the answers (as far as I can remember them) in a comment in a few days time (one or two of the answers are scrawled on the note if you care to search for them). You will also find a note saying that after four rounds our team (the Good Lady Wife and myself) were in last position. After the full five rounds, I have to say, that position hadn't changed.