Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Twitter For Gentlefolk : Postcard From A Silver Fox



For a long time I didn't think that David Lynch (a.k.a. The Silver Fox) existed, I thought that he might be a product of his own extremely active imagination. And then I realised that there might be a degree of contradiction in that thought, in that if he didn't exist he could not have an imagination. But I digress. And that is what David does so magnificently. Digress. Starts saying one thing and end up saying something else and then coming back and saying what he first was going to say. And always with a style and a humour that is compulsive. In short, he's my kind of blogger. And he must exist, because he has sent me a card which is the latest entry into my weekly Twitter For Gentlefolk feature. And just in case you want Audubon, here's the link the postcard couldn't quite manage.

TWITTER FOR GENTLEFOLK POSTS:
Twitter For Gentlefolk : Postcard From Tauranga
Twitter For Gentlefolk : Postcard To Tauranga

11 comments:

  1. ha. cool that and def an apropo card from the fox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card and post, Alan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, how nice. Good to know he really exists. I agree that he has the gift of digression...and really long sentences! ha.

    Alan, I received your card the same day I mailed one to you...yesterday. :) How fun. I will post in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The PERFECT card!

    SO! You DO exist Silver Fox? GOOD TO KNOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do exist, or so they tell me.

    Sorry about the sloppy write-over in "Audubon," by the way (originally written in haste as "Audobon"). It seems that there's no spell-checker on these "postcard" things, either. From now on, I'll be sticking to the internet, for the most part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alan, your postcard received today. I shall hoist it on my blog as soon as time permits (tad busy at present, for a change).

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one fat fox (the grey fox that is, not the Silver Fox!). The plain ordinary red foxes which are regular visitors to my garden look positively starved in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful postcard! I love Audobon's work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww what a nice card from the fox
    It's good to know he's real and not a made up box
    Sounds exactly like something he'd say
    But Fox you should have ordered spell check at the post card bay...haha
    Nice share
    From the Fox with the Silver hair

    ReplyDelete
  10. May you someday sit in a pub together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This gentle twittering is turning into something quite wonderful, Alan.

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...