Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Perspire And Archive


Everybody these days seems to have a motto: some cheery little maxim that manages to condense the ethos of their organisations into a few meaningless words. On my way to the park the other day to walk the dog, I noticed that the local school was dedicated to "Aspire And Achieve" - which is a comforting declaration as otherwise I might have thought it was all about nose-diving into failure. 

Finding myself driven indoors today by the remnants of some trans-Atlantic hurricane, I can't decide whether it is summer or winter: it looks cold but I feel all hot and sweaty. I spend my time sorting through piles of old photographs and negatives, attempting to index them, file them, catalogue them. 

I need a large wooden display board to erect outside the front gate with my motto on: - "Perspire And Archive"

No comments:

Post a Comment

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...