Friday, August 31, 2007

This I Have Done My Route

Whilst walking Amy this morning I had an idea for a new game for the popular radio programme "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue". They already have a game called "One Song To The Tune Of Another" where the panelists are required to sing the words of one song to the tune of another. My idea is "One Song To The Tune Of The Same Song, After A Little Machine Translation". Here is an example. Take a well known popular classic like Frank Sinatra's My Way. You know the one : And now, the end is near; And so I face the final curtain. My friend, Ill say it clear, Ill state my case, of which I'm certain. Ive lived a life that's full. Ive traveled each and every highway; And more, much more than this, I did it my way. Feed these lyrics into an on-line machine translation system. In this example I have asked the service to translate the above verse from English into Russian. Then feed the Russian version into a similar service and get it translated from Russian in Spanish. Then take the resulting concoction and get it translated from Spanish into English. Then, sing the resulting words to the tune of My Way. Here are the words you would be dealing with : And now, the end - a series; And this way I am before the final curtain. My friend, say Villain that this is cleaned, Exhibit villain the reasons, that true I am. I've of the veins for the life that's complete. From the willows he was travelling round each one and every highway; And it is bigger, much more than this, This I have done my route. It works quite well after a couple of beers. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Lot Of Gas And Some Empty Chairs

  You can decide which jet of nostalgia is turned on by this advert which I found in my copy of the 1931 Souvenir Book of the Historical Pag...