Monday, April 13, 2009

Good Game, Whatever The Rules Might Be

Saw my first ice hockey match last night : Sheffield Bears versus .... well someone or other. Alexander plays for the Bears C team and can just about be made out in the centre of the above photograph. The Bears are the combined Sheffield universities team (Sheffield University and Hallam University) and they were playing another university team from the north-east. A good time was had be all : the Bears won 13-4 and Xan managed to score a goal and the audience was treated to a fast and exciting game. All I need to do now is to work out what on earth the rules are and who knows, I might become a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Lot Of Gas And Some Empty Chairs

  You can decide which jet of nostalgia is turned on by this advert which I found in my copy of the 1931 Souvenir Book of the Historical Pag...