Monday, May 23, 2011
Ten Things I Have Discovered Since The GLW Retired
Ten things I have discovered since the Good Lady Wife (GLW) Retired.
1. There are an awful lot of shops in the world.
2. Few things beat the company of good friends whilst enjoying a good pint.
3. Most shops - other than ones which sell books, old postcards, or electronic gadgets - are excruciatingly boring.
4. Jaume Plensa is one of the most exciting artists I have come across in ages and his current exhibition at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park (my photograph above was taken there) is well worth a visit no matter where in the world you may live.
5. The Apple iPad is perhaps the greatest contribution to human happiness since the invention of fish and chips.
6. My GLW is really very fond of shopping indeed.
7. There is a great delight in taking a car ride with people who are experts in Victorian architecture.
8. Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta is the real name of Lady Gaga (A question in last weeks' pub quiz)
9. It is actually quite nice having someone in the house with you all the time.
10. A week without blog posting and blog commenting is far too long and it is well worth sacrificing a little of the shopping to accommodate a little more of the blogging.