Wednesday, June 29, 2022

THREE CROSSINGS


I was attempting to follow the course of the Hebble Brook yesterday as it slunk its way under North Bridge before it gets lost deep beneath the Sainsbury's Car Park. During the course of my explorations I took this photograph which manages to capture three bridges over the anything but mighty river. The first is the simple stone bridge on Old Lane. The second is the magnificent cast iron North Bridge which was opened in 1871. The third is the spectacular Burdock Way Flyover that was opened a century later. Such a little stream to bring forth such mighty feats of civil engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Lot Of Gas And Some Empty Chairs

  You can decide which jet of nostalgia is turned on by this advert which I found in my copy of the 1931 Souvenir Book of the Historical Pag...