The other week we won the weekly Spitfire Quiz and therefore it was my turn to set the quiz this week. For all those of you who like a quiz question to cogitate on over Sunday lunch here are the first twenty of the questions (I will post more next week). I will add the answers as a comment to this posting during the week.
1. In which decade did the Charleston become a popular dance?
2. Which British Prime Minister once played first-class cricket for Middlesex?
3. Who was the God of Wine in Roman mythology?
4. In which American state is Las Vegas?
5. In which year did ITV start?
6. Who won the long-jump at the 1968 Mexico Olympics?
7. What is Welsh for Wales?
8. Stromboli was a villain in which Disney film?
9. Stromboli is a volcano off the coast of which Mediterranean island?
10. The mother of which Monkee member was the multi-millionaire inventor of “Liquid Paper”?
11. What is the world’s largest rodent?
12. How many players are there in a netball team?
13. What is the southernmost point of the English mainland?
14. What is the name of the lines drawn on weather maps linking places with the same atmospheric pressure?
15. What instrument did George Formby play?
16. The plough is part of which constellation?
17. Who completed the first solo flight across the Atlantic?
18. In which year did Muhammed Ali first become World Heavyweight Boxing Champion?
19. In which country is Strasbourgh?
20. In which city were the 2004 Olympic Games held?