Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Exclusive : The News From Nowhere Colouring Book


I was checking the Amazon bestsellers list today (as one does) just to see what position Connections From Nowhere had climbed to (before you ask it is now the 935,957th best selling book in the UK). What really surprised me was that two of the top three books in the bestselling list are colouring books! I am not sure what it says about the state of modern society, but it appears that the best selling book in the UK today (as far as Amazon is concerned at least) is The Harry Potter Colouring Book. And if you tire of that you can always acquire the second best-selling book, The Art Therapy Colouring Book Collection.  Obviously my finely crafted philosophical explorations of contemporary culture have been missing the target as far as the market is concerned. 

But nobody can accuse me of failing to jump on any passing bandwagon, so I would like to share with you an exclusive preview of the soon to be published News From Nowhere Colouring Book. Get out your crayons and your marker pens and try colouring in this image of a young farming family. And before you ask, the young lad poking his father with a bit of straw is none other than the author of colouring book in question.

6 comments:

  1. He looks a rum character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a grand idea. I would pre-order one for the Chef only he has announced his determination to have nothing whatever to do with this "fad".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a swell idea! I have asked for a coloring book for Christmas...I have always loved to color. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looks just like you. A fun and unique idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coloring Books for adults are all the rage now, you better start charging for yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do we have to use 50 shades of grey?

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...