A Cut-Out And Keep Guide To My Desk Top : 1.00pm Wednesday 11th January 2012
1. My notebook for the GN21 project. If you squint hard you can just make out a picture of a Walther Model 9 pistol. If you want to know more you will have to buy the book (if I ever finish it).
2. My diary. If truth be told there is little in it, but it gives me a feeling of self-importance having it open on my desk, just in case the Queen calls up wanting a meeting.
3. Computer screen which seems to be displaying yesterday's blog-post. Further evidence of my own self-obsession.
4. My trusty iPad ready to provide me with instant access to the world of on-line news and current affairs and - OK I admit it - the latest level of Angry Birds.
5. A cup of tea served in my favourite chipped Tesco mug. Ah, the drink that cheers but does not inebriate. I wonder why nobody has come up with an alco-tea yet?
6. My trusty TV ready to provide me with instant access to the world of television news and current affairs and - OK I admit it - the latest episode of Coronation Street.
7. A half-eaten Kit-Kat, proof if proof be needed, that my New Year Resolution to eat less has already withered and died in the garden of good intentions.
8. My new dictionary which replaces my old one where many of the pages had fallen out which meant that I was unable to use any word starting with any letter between K and P.
9. A ready supply of Post-It Notes always available to jot down ideas for new blog-posts, great inventions, epic poems and shopping lists. (need to remember to buy more Kit-Kats)
10. The framed certificate which shows that I have been made a member of the Grand Order of Idlers. Someone sent me that through the post - I can't imagine why.