Friday, April 19, 2019

Postcards And Quink Ink


A postcard from 1904 showing Southgate in Halifax. The buildings have a warm familiarity about them. Ryley's stationers brings back warm memories of ledgers and Quink Ink.

29 December 1904 : To: Miss Richardson c/o Mrs Rawson, The Banks, Padiham, Lancashire
Dear Nance, Thanks for the P.C. I am sorry you did not get the one I sent before. Winnie forgot to post it until I got home Tuesday night. We went to see Babes In The Wood at the Royal. Theatre is a new house opened this Xmas for the Pantomime, enjoyed it very much. I remember the P.C. very well, it put me in mind of one Sunday afternoon we went a walk. Must make haste for post with love from your ever loving friend, Maggie. I got this when in Halifax. I will write for Sunday.


1 comment:

  1. I still have a half-full bottle. It dates from the 1960's but purchased at Greenwood's (King's Cross) rather than Ryley's. It has outlasted my Parker pen.

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...