Saturday, January 23, 2021

Shooting The Past


An old friend of mine recommended Steven Poliakoff's "Shooting The Past" (and even better, sent me the DVD through the post), and I have been watching and enjoying it over the past few nights. What struck a particular chord with me was the ability to love photographs for their own sake, not because they feature Uncle Joe or Cousin Ada ... or even more bizarrely in these modern days, because they provide an enhanced vision of oneself. Photographs of all types, have played a massive part in my life, and therefore today I am featuring an old photograph from an album of unknown photos of people, which came into my possession via eBay. All I know is that the subject of the photograph was called Derrick. I don't even need to know that. On its own, it is a fine photograph - good enough to grace the shelves of the Fallon Photo Library.

1 comment:

  1. Regardless of the song, the sheet music is worth it for Uncle Harry's distinctive signature.

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...