Thursday, January 14, 2021

When The Song Thrushes Sang


My calendar image today features a view of Throstle Nest Farm in Shepherd's Thorn Lane, Rastrick, which is only a few minutes walk away from where I live. The farm is long gone, all that remains is part of a vaulted cellar, and therefore this chance to see it as it would have been 100 years ago is a welcome one. The image comes from an old vintage postcard I recently acquired. There is a message on the back, but it has faded into mysterious obscurity.


As I look out of my window, the ground is thick with snow, therefore there will be no walk down Shepherd's Thorn Lane today. I will content myself with looking at the scene as it was over a century ago, on a sunny summer's day, when the song thrushes were still singing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tunnel End

Photographs don't have to be "good" photographs to be memorable. Sometimes all they need to do is to capture a moment in time,...