Winter Sun : Railway Street, Huddersfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fishing For Postcards
This week’s postcard comes from the collection of my great-uncle, Fowler Beanland. It shows the Mechanics’ Institute in Keighley, a building...
-
Y ou can spend too long sat inside reading old newspapers and cataloguing old postcards. There comes a time in the affairs of man when he s...
-
A few weeks ago I was approached by the people running a website devoted to Halifax, my home town in West Yorkshire, to write a short serie...

Evocative.
ReplyDeleteThe sun, in Huddersfield - must be photoshop.
ReplyDeleteAre you sure that's not the atomic tests over Sheffield?
ReplyDeleteThe thumbnail made this appear to be two huge rocks, the ocean, with a beam of light. I was very curious to see them translated to a street with a railroad upon enlarging.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful street, great capture indeed!
ReplyDeleteGreat shot, Alan. I'm reminded of a scene from an Ian Rankin novel.
ReplyDeleteWhat? Only wet and no snow? And sun!! Wow that is where the sun has been. Black and White can be so expressive sometimes:)
ReplyDelete