Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gentle Twitter : Big Game And Beery Love

It seems a long time since we had an update on the Gentle Twitter project I launched earlier this year. A couple of cards arrived whilst I was away on holiday. Thanks to Karen and to Kate.


The card from Karen of the delightful Border Town Notes Blog is a first for me from Africa : a continent I have been thinking about a lot recently as The Lad is over there. He is in the North-West, in The Gambia, whereas Karen's card comes from Botswana. It looks a spectacularly beautiful country and one I would like to see before I settle down into old age.

If you have a look at Karen's post which features my card to her, you will notice that the "Gentle Twitter" project seems to be expanding all over the place. Wonderful : long may the postcards fly across the seas.


The card from Kate Hanley - of the ever-fascinating "Life With A Cocktail"  Blog - features her home city Philadelphia. It was one of the many, many cities in America that I didn't get time to visit during my recent visit, and another one to put on my growing list of places to go when I return to the USA. That is particularly so  as it seems to host something called "Philly Beer Week" which sounds like the kind of Festival which was invented with me in mind. As far as the Founding Fathers are concerned - any nation established on the dual principles of love and beer sounds alright to me.

7 comments:

  1. What a good idea, Alan. Love the African postcard. I try to imagine what it would be like to go there but I'm afraid it will never be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gentle Twitter is far superior in every way, Alan. Long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful postcards, both of 'em! And I couldn't agree more with your sentiment, "any nation established on the dual principles of love and beer sounds alright to me."

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Botswana postcard is beautiful. Like you, I would like to visit Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I go about sending postcards to others as I don't have their civic address?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Botswana should be very good, but Namibia is also fantastic; been three times and it is a lot cheaper for everything than Botswana. You have to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a neat project. You get actual physical cards that won't be buried in the email or lost in the documents folder.

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...