Our ship moored in mid-town Manhattan, about a twenty minute walk from Time Square. And the best way to get a feel of that magnificent city was to walk : block after block, skyscraper after skyscraper. For many of the sights colour didn't matter, colour simply interfered with the stunning impact of the shapes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Safely To The Other Side
Another way to cross the River Mersey is the method I’ll be using later today: travelling through the Mersey Tunnel. The Queensway Tunnel ...
-
Y ou can spend too long sat inside reading old newspapers and cataloguing old postcards. There comes a time in the affairs of man when he s...
-
On Sepia Saturday this week, the theme image is of a waterfall. I have a twofold submission - two photographs which, I believe, were taken w...

Great skyline shot of Manhattan, Alan. Good work!
ReplyDeleteI adore that skyline. I've done the walk a few times, Alan, and agree it's the only way to see New York. It's a long trek from the ship if it's only a day visit. More time is definitely needed to see it properly.
ReplyDeleteGreat shot, must have been fun walking and seeing everything.
ReplyDeleteA shapely city, indeed.
ReplyDeleteVery well composed sIr :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I like the new header snap ;)
Gorgeous image, Alan. My daughter just left Manhattan. She absolutely loved living there.
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat shot of the skyline!
ReplyDeletei'm with you on this. i also love B&W!! i remember, in one of my "12 of 12s", being hard put showing a B&W or color version. i did both, one in full page, the other as a slide show. but B&W certainly has its charm and it lends a timeless character to any picture, i find...
ReplyDelete:)~
HUGZ
Terrific photo!
ReplyDeleteGreat photo - I agree the B&W does it justice. It all looks strangely neat and tidy, even the boats.
ReplyDeleteWe flew in over this sight last summer and it is pretty amazing. I kept wondering how they were able to build so close to the water, but the foundations go down a very long way.
ReplyDelete