Whilst searching for the picture of Sunny Vale Gardens (see the next posting) I came across this picture of my mother and a tandem. By a simple process of deduction and elimination we can assume that the photograph was taken by my father. The location is more of a problem. I know that in the 1930s they would cycle all over Yorkshire and Lancashire and therefore it could have been any one of a hundred different parks or gardens. The rather ornate gates and the wide clear path means that it certainly wasn't Sunny Vale.Saturday, December 15, 2007
A Bicycle Made For Two
Whilst searching for the picture of Sunny Vale Gardens (see the next posting) I came across this picture of my mother and a tandem. By a simple process of deduction and elimination we can assume that the photograph was taken by my father. The location is more of a problem. I know that in the 1930s they would cycle all over Yorkshire and Lancashire and therefore it could have been any one of a hundred different parks or gardens. The rather ornate gates and the wide clear path means that it certainly wasn't Sunny Vale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Electric Houses And Botany Worsted Suits
Two adverts from Halifax newspapers 100 years ago today paint an interesting picture of society in the 1920s. One advert is for new suits,...
-
Y ou can spend too long sat inside reading old newspapers and cataloguing old postcards. There comes a time in the affairs of man when he s...
-
A few weeks ago I was approached by the people running a website devoted to Halifax, my home town in West Yorkshire, to write a short serie...
sandringham lad would know those gates anywhere
ReplyDelete