I went to Bradford today and for reasons too boring to mention I came back on the train rather than the bus. I have been travelling to and from Bradford most of my life but it has usually been by bus or car and - whilst I am familiar with every hill and every valley, every mill and every terraced house - it was strange, indeed fascinating, seeing things from a new perspective. I took this photograph out of the carriage window as the train was leaving Halifax Station. From whichever perspective it is West Yorkshire, from whichever perspective it is home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Land, Sea And Sky
Skegness, 1982: Out there somewhere lies the sea. Somewhere behind us is the land. Between the two stretches an endless series of sand-fil...
-
Y ou can spend too long sat inside reading old newspapers and cataloguing old postcards. There comes a time in the affairs of man when he s...
-
On Sepia Saturday this week, the theme image is of a waterfall. I have a twofold submission - two photographs which, I believe, were taken w...

Yorkshire is not my home but it is where I was born. It is fun seeing familiar things from a different perspective.
ReplyDeleteIt would give a new whole set of views rather than being on the road. It was a good shot that you caught.
ReplyDelete